Tuesday, August 11, 2009

See Last Chance To See

This just in - the Last Chance To See TV show will premiere on Sunday, September 6 on BBC2. No word on what time, or how many episodes are in the season.

Last Chance To See was Douglas Adams' only non-fiction book, and his favorite of his own work. In the late 1980s, Adams traveled the world with zoologist Mark Carwardine looking for endangered animals; the results were a radio show broadcast on BBC Radio 4 in 1989 and a book published in 1990. After Adams' death in 2001, the BBC and his widow Jane Belson selected British writer\comedian Stephen Fry (who, as I said on July 26, recently guest hosted I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue) to revive the series, including a television show as well as a new book to be published in October.

Normally, I would be totally against this idea. You saw on July 28 and July 29 what I thought of Eoin Colfer and Kim Fuller writing The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, respectively. However, it's hard to mess up Last Chance To See, especially since Mark Carwardine is returning in the same capacity as before. Truth be told, I actually found Last Chance To See pretty boring, but I'm a Douglas Adams fan so I have to watch.

Millionaire tonight,

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment