Friday, August 21, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Well, this is a bit of a long story. I set yesterday's Millionaire to record in the morning, not realizing that the people coming in a few hours to sand the floors would render my house's only DVR inaccessible for days. Fortunately, I eventually discovered that ABC is putting Millionaire online. Here are the results from night ten:

Contestant 1 - Chris Maslowski
Quit on $250,000 question, win $100,000

Contestant 2 - Liz Schuller
Quit on $100,000 question, win $50,000

Contestant 3 - Jim Robinson
Answers $16,000 question, rollover

Celebrity - Steve Nash
Correct Answer, meaning Regis had to wear his Phoenix Suns jersey as part of a bet

A few notes on the show:
  • The expert was Mo Rocca. Sounds horrible, but he ended up getting every question he was asked right, albeit after much rambling each time. After Steve Nash used Ask The Expert, he said something like "It was worth the $25,000 just to hear that," but then he went with Mo's answer and was correct.
  • Sunday is the final show in this primetime event, meaning for what Regis said to Larry King to be correct, someone has to reach the $1,000,000 question. Also, ABC hasn't revealed who the celebrity will be, only that it's a super special guest that no game show fan will want to miss. If it's just Meredith Vieira I'll lose my mind.
  • In short, I'm going to be really upset after watching Sunday's show - and I probably won't watch be able to watch it on Sunday, as I'm leaving that day for a few days out of town. So let's recap - I'm going to miss the show Sunday, I most likely won't have Internet access until I get home, and my DVR is flat-out inaccessible. I'm going to have to go out of my way to see a show that will just disappoint me. Wow.

My review of I Guess That's Why They Call It The News will be a seperate post.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment